Vision / Mission For LEMC
Through prayer, study of God’s Word, and listening to the people in the community in which we live, we wish to be the hands and feet of Jesus in the following ways:
1. To be a welcoming faith community that gathers actively and joyfully for worship centered in the Word of God.
2. To build a strong traditional and contemporary worship expression through music.
3. To continue to provide excellent Christian education for children through the our Youth Program, Sunday school, and VBS.
4. To grow in our ministry as a congregation by growing in our lay ministry, inside and outside the church, inviting all members to live out their faith in Jesus Christ.
5. To take advantage of the opportunities for ministry (Preaching, Teaching, Missions, Serving.)
6. To grow our fellowship, ministries, and groups (e.g. Youth, Adult, Men’s, Women’s, Bible study, Couples).
7. To find new ways to reach out to those who have not yet found a faith community, and communicate the love of Jesus.
1. Sunday Worship – fellowship, prayer, song, teaching of God’s Word, Care Group potluck lunches.
2. Sunday School – solid Biblical teachings of Jesus Christ to all ages.
3. Christian Life Class – life and teachings of Christ as taught by the EMC or Anabaptist perspective .
4. Care Groups – we desire that everyone at LEMC be part of an active care group ministry.
Ways in which LEMC is being called to more fully live out the Mission Statement:
1. Fellowship – as a Christian community living and sharing the light.
2. Missions – by responding to God’s call and Serving both home and abroad.
3. Outreach – by opening doors to Christ’s ministry.