How do I become a Christian?
Becoming a Christian is something that happens both in an instant and a lifetime.
It only takes an instant to see one’s need of grace and forgiveness of sin, from a Holy, Glorious God.
It only takes an instant to believe in Jesus as the atoning sacrifice for sin, who died and was raised to life again, and has ascended to God the Father.
It only takes an instant to trust Jesus for salvation and receive the Holy Spirit who indwells every Christian.
It takes a lifetime to be transformed by God’s grace.
It takes a lifetime to learn about the Good News of Jesus from the Bible, to know Jesus, and the power of his resurrection.
It takes a lifetime to follow Jesus, walking in step with the Holy Spirit, who joins us with other members of Christ’s body, the church.
You can take the first step anytime with a simple prayer asking God for forgiveness. Then find a Bible believing Church where you can share your story of faith.
A summary of the gospel is this:
1. God loves you and wants you to become His believing child!
2. The barrier is our sin and self life – we are asked to give this up!
3. Jesus Christ came to offer forgiveness, paid for by His death, blood and resurrection!
4. Salvation is experienced when a person believes in faith and accepts this gift from God!
5. Pray a prayer of faith, repentance and submission to God. Through Christ we find the door that brings salvation into our heart and life.
If you prayed this prayer – tell someone about it so that you gain support and encouragement!